By now I guess most of us have heard about the new super diet that will get you the figure you have dreamt about and lost hope to get after you pigged out during Christmas.
The book describing it it’s ‘The Flat Belly Diet’ by Liz Vaccariello. It’s a scientifically-proven programme that promises to help you lose up to 7lb and more than five inches in just four days.
What you have to do first of all is to drink your water. But not any kind of water, the author recommends the Sassy Water.
The recipes for the Sassy Water is:
2 litres water
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
12 mint leaves
Combine all ingredients in a large jug, chill in the refrigerator and let the flavours blend overnight.
The rest of the recommendations are pretty much a matter of common sense.
Avoid the following:
- salty foods
- fried foods
- bulk raw foods – that came as a surprise to me; the reason is that apparently raw food expand your gastro intestinal tract
- sugars, coffee, tea – another surprise; the reason is that tea irritates the gastro intestinal tract
- alcohol, chocolate, acidic fruit juices- because they irritate the GI tract causing swelling, hence you won’t have the flat tummy
- gassy foods: beans, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, onions, peppers and citrus fruits.
- spicy foods
- decrease your intake of high-carbohydrate foods such as pasta, bananas and bread
What is allowed:
- four meals a day, small portions, total calories intake being 1200
- carrots, mushrooms, green beans, potatoes- boiled
- cucumbers, lemons, fruits: blueberries, strawberries, peaches, pears, dried prunes
- spices: ginger root and fresh mint
- balsamic vinegar
- dried unsalted herbs
- boneless, skinless chicken breast, turkey breast
- tuna in water, cod
- smoothies made with skim milk and any of the above mentioned fruits, plus flex seed oil or pumpkin seeds- are to be drank as a snack in mid afternoon